New Lounger
    Thanks

Creating\Sending a program shortcut via Outlook

I just finished getting my company's terminal server set up and ready, now I need to get the employees to start logging on. Without having to go to each individual user, I would like to send them a shortcut plus instructions on how to do this. What I am trying to do is create a shortcut for all users on the network for remote desktop connection and then send it through Outlook. So when the user opens up the email and attachment, it will automatically launch RDC or the user could drag the attachment to their desktop and launch it from there. Then the user will have to enter in their credentials to log in.

Any assistance with this will be great

Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    A little more specific, the OS's here range from Win XP, Vista, and Win7. And I am looking for some kind of script that the user can click that will run on their desktop.

I will probably end up having to go to each individual computer to set this up, I am just trying to do something a little more quick.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If you enter the computer name into Remote Desktop Connection, then click Show Options at bottom left, you can Save As an RDP file with whatever name you prefer, which can be attached to an email and dragged to desktops.

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Bruce that works. But after trying a few different things I decided to just roll out a GPO to put an RDC shortcut on everybody's desktop. I will have to send out an email with the information that the users will need to put in. I just wanted to try something different for a change