Thanks

Exclamation Windows Secrets Newsletter Issue

Hello,
    I am a long time (paid) subscriber to the WindowsSecretsNewsLetter.
    I normally view them in Firefox, using my FastMail email account.
    I just noticed that the newsletter is NOT doing the automatic CR/LF when the text is zoomed in, to view newsletter in larger font size and FireFox (and/or FastMail) does not add the horizontal scroll bar on the bottom of the page.
    Could this be a problem with the way the NewsLetter is created?
    I just tested it with IE10 and the same behavior is apparent in that browser!
    Regards,
    Last edited by pseudoid; 2013-03-14 at 17:16.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoid View Post
    Hello,
    I am a long time (paid) subscriber to the WindowsSecretsNewsLetter.
    I just noticed that that the newsletter is NOT doing the automatic CR/LF when the text is zoomed in, to view newsletter in larger font size and FireFox (and or FastMail) does not add the horizontal scroll bar on the bottom of the page.
    Regards,
    Please use the "Contact" button in the navigation bar at the top of the page to communicate with the Windows Secrets Newsletter staff.

Joe

Thanks

No Thank you!

Sorry JoeP,
    I must decline the offer, especially since I prefer NOT to get involved in/with Captchas (required for contacting) and the post is fairly self-descriptive!
    You are welcome to delete post altogether!

Thanks
    Hello pseudoid,

If you click Newsletter Archives, then your email address, it will take you to your Preferences page.

LL1.JPG

LL.JPG
    Jim.
    May you live as long as you want, and want to as long as you live.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Sorry JoeP,
    I must decline the offer, especially since I prefer NOT to get involved in/with Captchas (required for contacting) and the post is fairly self-descriptive!
    You are welcome to delete post altogether!
    Sorry but we here in the Lounge have no control over the Newsletter creation or content. Posting here about Newsletter problems most likely will not reach the people who need to see it. You are not required to use the form and its captcha. You can email your concerns to editor@windowssecrets.com instead.

Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello pseudoid,
    I checked with our tech team to make sure no one had instituted any code or design changes that would affect reader experience as you describe. No one has. The browser behavior is not originating with Windows Secrets Newsletter.
    Best,
    Kathleen Atkins
    Associate editor

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I just noticed that the newsletter is NOT doing the automatic CR/LF when the text is zoomed in, to view newsletter in larger font size and FireFox (and/or FastMail) does not add the horizontal scroll bar on the bottom of the page.
    I think this must be a FastMail restriction.

Have you tried clicking the very top line of the newsletter email; "If your software garbles this newsletter, read this issue at WindowsSecrets.com."?

When I do that in IE10, and zoom to 200% or 400%; everything displays correctly, including the horizontal scroll bar on the bottom of the page.

Bruce

Thanks
    I correctly get the horizontal scroll bar when using the "If your software garbles this newsletter, read this issue at WindowsSecrets.com." as prescribed w/400% zoom.
    Although, the website version has the column/frame on the right side of the page titled "Top-scoring articles in the past 12 months".
    If other recipients are not reporting similar behavior, then the problem must not be a big issue to worry about.
    Some additional experimentation with other received emails (while zooming) on my FastMail account did not show a similar problems (the horizontal scroll bar appears correctly).
    It may indeed be a problem with FastMail; since it is evident with both latest Firefox and IE10.
    I originally thought to point this out to you in case it was a problem on your end.
    I could live with the issue on my end/

Cheers!