New Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe Type 1 fonts in Word 2013

I recently installed Word 2013, only to discover that it will not render correctly on screen any of my Adobe Type 1 Fonts. They all appear in the same, bold sans-serif typeface with the letters jumbled together so that the text is more or less unreadable. Curiously when you print the document, it prints correctly, with the correct Adobe font. I am seriously considering going back to Word 2010.

I found one discussion thread on another forum suggesting that Microsoft had withdrawn support for Type 1 fonts in Word 2013. Curiously, though, the fonts work fine in Publisher 2013.

Anyone else encountered this?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    The Word section of Changes in Office 2013 gives information about unsupported font types in Word. There's no mention of Publisher.
    Pam Caswell

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I chuckled when I read the explanation why Word doesn't support certain font types any longer... it's "a choice made by Windows."

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm astonished by this. Talk about burying it in the small-print! Surely there must be hundreds of thousands of Office users out there, with legacy Adobe Type1 1 fonts they have accumulated and used over the years? I've got over 100 and while there are many which I seldom use, I'm extremely unhappy to lose some of them. Anyway, the explanation that they aren't supported by Windows 7 is nonsense: they're supported and work normally in Windows itself, most other Windows applications, and in parts of Microsoft Office EXCEPT for Word.