New Lounger
    Thanks

IE6 breaks outlook html picture printing (IE6/Outlook any)

Since upgrading to IE6, nobody can get pictures in HTML emails to print anymore. The pictures show up on the screen OK, but on the printed page all you get is an empty box with an X in it. MS has a KB article Q271562 that seems to relate to this but offers no solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...n&FR=0&qry=html print&rnk=114&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=OUT2K

The fix is to update to the latest service pack for IE5.5, which is not really an option for IE6 users. This happens with every machine I have tried, using outlook 2000 or outlook 2002. There are many posting on the MS newsgroup about this also, with no solutions there. Here is an example:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=gilles+v...364@tkmsftngp07

All of our outlook clients are in corporate mode and connecting to an exchange 5.5 server.

Tom Alverson

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE6 breaks outlook html picture printing (IE6/Outlook any)

I had the same problem after upgrading to IE6. At first it was fine, then it just broke out of the blue. I "fixed" it by uninstalling IE6. I had previously installed IE5.5, so it just rolled me back to that install. I'm fine, now. I don't know how you can fix the problem and keep IE6, though.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE6 breaks outlook html picture printing (IE6/Outlook any)

If you use 5.5 then you must make sure you have all the patches to make sure you are not susceptible to the NIMDA type virus attacks. That is the main reason we are trying to switch over to IE6. Also if you are running windows XP there is no downgrade option.

Tom

Thanks

Very Dangerous Workaround

Microsoft's suggestion to save the HTML message to the file system and then print it with Internet Explorer overlooks the fact that in Outlook, the scripts, object tags, and so forth in an HTML message are treated with the utmost care, per the settings for the Restricted zone, whereas the same file saved to the C drive is trusted completely, per the settings for the My Computer zone (which is not even configurable in the IE security dialog, but can be configured in the registry). People definitely should NOT save HTML e-mail to their computers and open it in IE, unless they know and trust the contents of the message (not to be confused with knowing the sender).