Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Non Destructive Reinstall Problem

I am trying to perform a non destructive reinstall of Win 7 with SP1, 32 bit, on my friend's desktop, following Fred Langa's method to the letter.

Everything seemed to be going well until it got to the Installing Windows Features and Updates stage. It has a green tick beside it, which I take to mean that that stage is complete, but what's happening now is that the please wait, followed by Installing Windows Features and Updates messages keep repeating ad infinitum, and there is very little sign of activity from the power button LED. This has been going on for about an hour now.

What would fellow loungers do in this situation?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I spoke too soon! As soon as I had submitted my post I went to check my friend's computer and found that it had moved on to the final stage. I'm not impatient, far from it, but I was just afraid the process was stuck in a never ending loop, mainly because of the apparent inactivity.
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    A reinstall process can take quite a few hours. I have seen one take about 8 hours and the feedback about what is going on is really not the best.