4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Slow file transfer on Windows 7 HomeGroup

Hi, all. Copied a 1.08GB video file (.mov file type, 1080p quality) from one PC to another over our home network. Used software called Teracopy which is supposed to be fast. The router has Gigabit LAN and so do both PCs. The video file resided on an SSD with SATA II speed and was copied to another SSD with SATA II speed. They origin PC is connected to the router via a standard 6ft. ethernet cable. The destination PC is connected to the router via a pair of 500Mbps Powerline adapters. All hardware is working normally as far as I know, with no problem streaming HD video, music, etc. back and forth between these two PCs. However, when i transferred that 1.08GB video file from one PC to the other the transfer speed was about 5.5MB/second the entire time.

So, why was the transfer so darn slow?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Don't know, you might have to do some sleuthing to see if you can figure it out. Just guessing, I would say you probably aren't getting the rated speed from the powerline adapters. No wireless involved at the destination PC end right?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No wireless involved, but will try transferring the same or similar files wirelessly to our laptop and see what happens .....