New Lounger
    Thanks

Arrow Office 2010 and toolbars

In office 2010 you could add and modify toolbars from VBA. it was really efficient. (toolbars.add(.... etc)

In office 2010, there's only the quickbar and I haven't found a way to program it. The best would be to run the old code and just apply it to the quickbar.

I have little time, so I don't have the time to go into the xml stuff. Can someone help out.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Your toolbars will still work in Office 2010 - you'll find them on the Add-Ins tab that appears when you have custom menus or toolbars.

If you want to get into programming the Office 2010 ribbon, have a look at Office Ribbon Editor at http://www.leafcreations.org/ - you don't need to get into the XML stuff.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot for your answer.

I noted as much in Excel. Not sure if it works in Outlook however so tha leaves me with three questions
    - Do toolbar pop up in the ad-in tab on outlook as well ? Perhaps some parametre has to be changed so they do.
    - Can you program the quick bar? Whis is, by the way changing depending on which tab you use
    and finally
    - Toolbars in 2003 could be floating, a wonderful feature enabling me to create a dashboard with a toolbar.

Your Ribbon creation tool seems excellent, also hard to commit to in a corporate environment but the evolutions between 2003 and 2010 really turned me off. Not sur if office is worthe the effort any more. Maybe I'll just fork off into more serious stuff like: filemaker, PHP/MySQL, etc. Or just VB.NET.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry ... I don't have Outlook on my system, so I can't answer that. It would seem likely, but I don't know and can't check. (We're a Notes shop, sadly.)

With the full spectrum of possibilities available with editing the Ribbon (normal/large icons, adding to existing tabs, adding new tabs, etc), your programming efforts will be better rewarded with a little investment of time in the Office Ribbon Editor. To me, the Quick Access Toolbar seems to be too restricted to be of much use. Quickly adding one command makes it useful, but for multiple commands, definitely go for the Ribbon.

Good idea with the floating toolbar ... unfortunately, toolbars in 2010 seem to ignore the floating attribute.

I'd love to take credit for the Office Ribbon Editor, but I'm just one of many users.

I'd persevere with Office. When you look at what users are doing, most are dealing with Office stuff most of the time. If you want to sell something (your skills), go where the crowd is. If you move into a niche ecology, a small change in the environment can wipe out the market for those skills. With a broad user base, there will still be legacy systems that need maintenance for some time, giving you time to acquire/polish other skills. Just my opinion ...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There are possibilities with the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). QAT's are attached to templates so you can create templates with the QAT tools you want.

Also in Word 2010 the Ribbon Tabs can be sorted any way you wish, and the first one in the list will be the default one showing, including the "Add-In" Tab.