New Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple Printer Icons (Office 2000, Win 2000)

I have 3 different printers that I constantly print to. It is
    frustrating to keep on going to Print and then change the printer etc. There is a Printer Icon in word, excel, access, IE, and windows explorer -which usually is the default printer. How do I add the other 2 printers so that all I have to do is click on the icon to print to that particular printer from excel, word, ie, windows explorer.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Printer Icons (Office 2000, Win 2000)

Using File>Print, the print panel opens and should list all your active printers in the "Printer Name" options field.

Thanks

For Word and Excel, the easiest thing would simply be to record a macro for each printer. Add a new button to your toolbar - you can colour code them as I have below - then assign the different 'print-to-printerX' macro's to each button.
    For other programs, you will need to change the default printer. I have a small utility for doing that somewhere and let you have a copy if you want. I think this would entail having a desktop icon for each printer - you would double click on it to select whichever printer you want as default.
    Let me know...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (2.0 KB, 1 views)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Click Tools | Customize... | Commands tab, then drag and drop out of toolbar (delete) your Print icon; highlight File in Categories window and "Print..." (not "Print") icon, then drag it in place on your toolbar.
    The difference between Print and Print... buttons are than first sends document to default printer, and the second open Print dialog box (the same as Ctrl + P), from where you can easily choose the printer. You can create three printer buttons also (creating macro "send to Network Printer Print45", for example, and assign it to the custom button), but to me it's less practical.