Thanks

Question How to get OneNote or Evernote to work on Win8 phone?

I've had my Windows 8 Phone for a month or so (just paid Verizon for it on my last bill.....LOL) and I really like it.
    One thing though and this is so totally irritating is that MSFT has taken OneNote out of the Office 2013 hub. Why? Danged if I know, and no one at the MSFT store in Scottsdale knew either.

By doing that I now have no way to create a totally new Notebook from the phone. Yes, I can create a new Notebook from the desktop, but!
    It was so nice when I had my old WP, and Office 201 with OneNote right in the Office hub....

Some one please tell me what the logic would be for MSFT and / Evernote (see below) to do this?

I also have but haven't been using Evernote, and well I'll be skunked! It doesn't appear that I am able to create a new Notebook there as well, unless I go to the desktop app. Now I could be wrong with Evernote, and if I am someone please tell me how.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Seems OneNote has its own entry in the App List, now (from what I can gather, since I'm on WP 7.8):

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ho...onenote-mobile

This is the mobile Office version, for Windows Phone 8. Not sure Office 2013 is the correct way to name it.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Yea, I suppose I should have said the mobile version, but the icon on the W8 Phone is that of Office 2013.
    I didn't get the 7.8 update when I had my 7.5 phone. Did the 7.8 update change it on that phone as well.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    No, the changes are minute in 7.8, it's basically the resizable tiles.
    Did you check the OneNote app? I linked from the WP8 "official" guide. You can simply add OneNote to the Start screen and things will be almost the same.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Yea been round the horn with it, and there is no way to create a new notebook from the phone. I have the OneNote "app" on my start screen and as expected it opens up to the notebook I last used. Ohhhhhhh MSFT what have you done to us!!!!....LOL
    Thanks John

Administrator
    Thanks
    Am I missing something or you couldn't before, either? I don't see a way to create a new Notebook on my 7.8, just as with did not with 7.5? You can create new notes, but not new notebooks.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    I wiped my 7.5 phone, so unfortunately I cannot replicate what I was doing. But thanks ruirub!
    Thanks John