Lounger
    Thanks

can't open a IMG file

I've been able to open a IMG file in the past but found I cannot do it now...don't know why. I click on the file in a email and I get the message "This file does not have a proram associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folders Option in the Control Panel. I have Nero Essentials and I'm thinking I have opened video files in there but now it seems I'm not able to do it. My computer tech added Nero Essentials to my system ( XP ) a couple of years ago and am wondering if possibly Nero has expired?

Thanks
    To see if an IMG file will open with Nero, save the IMG attachment from an email. Then open Nero, and try to open the IMG attachment that you saved.

If you are successful, then all that remains is to associate Nero with IMG files:
    * Open My Computer.
    * Find an IMG file.
    * Right-click on the IMG file, choose Open With the Choose Program.
    * Select Nero from the list. If it isn't in the list, browse to it. Make sure you have checked the "Always use the selected program" box.
    * Click OK.

From now on, whenever you double click on an IMG file, it will open in Nero.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for replying to my post. I tried what you suggested with Nero and got the message "that option had expired" which didn't make any sense to me. I've had Nero for a number of years and never used it that much unless I burned a CD. The option to view a video in Nero evidently was something new that was added and lasted only 30 days, after that if I didn't pay a fee then it would expire. I called a tech and he told me video's opened up in Windows Media, clicked on Open With the Choose Program and onto Windows Media and the video screen didn't show the video, only the sound. SO...the tech told me to load VLC Media Player and also Media Classic and in doing so I was able to open and play the video. Whew! Your instructions would have worked if Nero Video option had been available. Thanks again.

Thanks
    I'm glad that it worked for you.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Keep VLC updated, as it has cracks in it.