Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Comparing account numbers

have a spreadsheet where the data is imported into sheet “TB Consolidation”. I have tried to set up a formula on Sheet1 (existing account numbers) to compare these to TB Consolidation , and if new account numbers have been added in the “TB Consolidation” then to indicate “New Account numbers”

However the formula returns “New account” even though the account number” appears in both sheet1 and TB Consolidation” I am trying to see what account numbers have been added in TB Consolidation. I also need to determine which account numbers are existing i.e sheet1 that is not on Sheet TB Consolidation.

Your assistance in this regard is most appreciated

http://www.excelfox.com/forum/f2/com...nt-number-866/
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    I appreciate you indicating the cross-post, but I consider it rude (See comments at http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184). You haven't given the other site a chance to respond and you are posting here as well. In the future, please do not cross-post if you want a response by me...

The problem is that your lookup is not a number it is text, so whether you find a match or not is irrelevant. Try"
    =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(Sheet1!A1,'TB Consolidation'!A:A,0)),"","New Account")

Steve

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply. Have noted your comment regarding the cross post. I will not cross-post in future unless I have not received a response within a few days

Regards

Howard

Thanks
    Howard,

Graceful reply. I appreciate your posts as they stimulate the neurons to fire.

Maud