5 Star Lounger
    Seattle, WA

More ways to ditch unsightly network cables

More ways to ditch unsightly network cables

By Michael Lasky

A trio of new home-networking devices adds new flexibility when streaming media or moving files. Plus, a rugged USB flash drive provides serious security when you have to take your data on the road.

The full text of this column is posted at (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

The 1TB wifi external hard drive is something that many of us could use. What would be even more useful would be a wifi cradle for connecting any traditional hard drive -- in other words, separate the wifi part from the hard drive, and sell it separately.

Something which I believe would be very useful for me would be multiple powerline adapters. My church has virtually no ethernet wiring; to get out from the router, you currently have to go wireless. However, there are dead spots in the building. I'm thinking that a powerline module in each of these spots would be a very easy way to solve this problem.