New Lounger
    Thanks

Instant Video PCI: what to use for editing?

I have an Instant Video PCI video capture card which came with Ulead software, which I want to avoid because it has received negative reviews. I'm wondering if I will be able to use Windows Movie Maker or VLC Media Player or other S/W for editing. I'm a beginner with this aspect of computing.

Removed Email Address/CLiNT
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2013-03-29 at 09:41.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    I use Movie Maker and find it adequate for my needs.

You should just get Movie Maker and play with it and see if it's something you can use.
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    You might also like to try VideoSpin2.0, it's very simple and completely free for 15 days if I recall correctly. Some of the codecs become inoperable after that and require a $15 codec pack if you like it and decide to keep it and want those particular codecs, which of course are the popular ones. I think it has much better scene detection than WMM and its easier to apply changes to multiple clips in the timeline. If you are just finding and cutting out a few scenes you don't want on a manual basis and make changes to the video before you split it up then WMM is also quite adequate.

DO NOT get Pinnacle Studio 16 like I did...its been a week and I still can't make heads or tails out of it; no wonder there's a huge help file and tutorial that comes with it. I think it would be much easier just to go back to Studio 14.

This link should get you started.