New Lounger
    Thanks

WLM ate my contacts

There was that icon up on the ribbon inviting me to have my overlarge contact list cleaned up. So I clicked it and was presented with a series of grouped contacts--some actual duplicates, others having only the same first name. What a mistake! I checked the names I wanted merged and did not check those that were not even close to being duplicates.

When I thought I was finished (and safe), I ended the session and closed the computer.

Turning the computer back on later showed me that my contact list had shrunk considerably. I had lost a number of contacts--including me--in addition to those that should have been merged, and emails to and from several of the missing persons had also disappeared.

They are gone. System restore was useless. Nasty words and magical incantations were useless.

This is in addition to WLM's refusal to allow me to address emails to certain groups, or even to copy the names and insert them.

I am beyond frustrated. Can anyone help?

Thanks

WLM ate my contacts

I hope you can find your glasses!

Thanks for the warning, it is always a good idea to keep a current backup in .csv format as this is the most universal way to import into many other systems.

Do you have a backup?
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

New Lounger
    Thanks

found glasses and contacts, but not the messages

Thanks for the reply; all the contacts were there in the CSV file--except for the few I added afterward, which were the ones I needed. The missing messages are still in cyberspace, but since none of them was the key to a tax-free fortune, I can probably live without them.

Thanks again.