Administrator
    Thanks

Symantec discontinues Norton Ghost

As of April 30, 2013 SYmantec will no longer sell Norton Ghost. See An important update regarding Norton Ghost.

Joe

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Good bye, Norton Ghost. It was nice knowing you.

Norton Ghost was from the good old days, when everything was DOS-based (including Windows 3.1), and it was a rock-solid and easy-to-use program.

An indispensable tool back in the day.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Back about 10 years ago! They should have given it up ages ago.

cheers, Paul

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Ghost v15 is still a good imaging and backup tool for individual machines. I rely on it for my own and family PC's. I use different tools for my work based backups, but Ghost has not been in that league for a long time.

I suspect the dropping of support for Ghost has more to do with the push toward Symantec System Recovery 2013 Desktop Edition for home users, which I believe to be part of an family of disaster recovery solutions and may introduce subscription based cloudy-backups etc.

Call me a cynic, but "We make $40 a time by selling Ghost v15, but we can make a lot more by selling subscriptions to ongoing hosted solutions." will light the eyes of the CEO at Symantec.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data.

- William Edwards Deming. 1900 - 1993