Thread: I.E.6

billmac

I.E.6

I`m having problems using some sites since I moved from I.E.5.5 to Explorer 6..In my attempts to move back to
    5.5 I find I can`t uninstall Explorer 6,it will only allow me to repair it! is there any way I can overcome this
    very frustrating situation,,? I`m running windows 98 S.E
    Thanks in advance
    billmac

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: I.E.6

Rather than roll back to a previous version, would you consider configuring your present browser? The fact that you can't get into some sites could be :

billmac

Thanks for your reply and I`ll certainly try your suggestions.One problem involved the logitech quickcam
    express.When I changed to I.E.6 and tried to use the camera a picture informed me it was unplugged,it took about a week to get it back and even then it only lasted for a day and then I lost it again.Do you think it would be okay to remove (Microsoft WDM Image Capture) in multimedia properties ?as it seems to keep re-appearing even though it`s disabled and I feel it may be causing a conflict.
    Thanks in advance
    billmac.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi
    In principle, if a disabled program is still bringing up messages, it has not been uninstalled properly, and certainly this is a potential source of conflict. I would spend time making quite sure all traces of it have been expunged.

Rgds