Star Lounger
    Thanks

Acer 7738G sound issues

Hi,

I have an Acer 7738G that I bought second-hand. I have always noticed the sound tends to crackle when playing music etc. It's particularly noticeable with VideoLan and WMP, but seems less so when using Acer Arcade (which I don't like).

On checking, it seems the laptop should be running Realtek audio software, but I have no trace of it on the machine. In the device manager I just have 4 NVIDIA High Definition Audio entries using NVIDIA drivers and 1 High Definition Audio Device entry using a Microsoft driver.

Before installing the Realtek audio package from the Acer site, I would just like to know if anyone else has done this and has it caused any problems? As I use the laptop for work, I don't want to hose it (I will back up before installing).

Also, has anyone had the same crackling sound when using the Realtek package?

Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cool

You should be OK to use the realtek drivers. If works you can disable the other drivers (but don't delete them just yet) test your sound with just the realtek drivers and if all OK then delete the other sound drivers.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks!