3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have a lot of music and try to keep them separated by genre.

That's everything except for Rock which has it's own drive. I'd like to share this over the home network but I'd have to change the Sharing on over 1360 folders which would take forever. The other option is to move them to a parent directory Rock and share that but I'll run into problems with long file names. Is there an easy way to share all these folder and not have to do them one at a time?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You could share them via DNLA using something like Media Monkey (free), but I'm not sure that's what you're after.
    If you just want file share then you would need to move the folders into separate genre folders - much too much work IMHO.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    The following applies to the Genre part of your question, not the sharing part of your question:

If you right-click on an MP3 file, then choose Properties then Details, you can specify the Genre.

In fact, you can select a bunch of these files all at the same time, then change the Genre field; the change will then be reflected in all of them.

Then, to sort them by Genre in My Computer, right-click on one of the column titles, and make sure that Genre is checked. You can now click on the column title Genre to sort by Genre.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Foobar and would like to play them in different parts of the house using the computers in those rooms. The other categories are fine because they are all in a parent folder. Rock is the PITA. It works great just having them as they are except for the sharing on the network. As much as I hate to do it I may just have to move them to one folder and share them that way.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Check Marc View Post
    I use Foobar...(
    So do I. I think it's the good solution for such related problems.