M13Misfit

Yet another error!

I am beginning to hate FrontPage. I am now getting another error, that I don't understand. Here is what I get, when I try to access my rootweb.

The server could not complete your request.Contact your internet service provider, or web service administrator, to make sure the server has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed. For more specific information, click Details.

Here's what it says there.

[403]Forbidden
    [403]Forbidden
    You have tried to access a restricted area of ahdepaine.com. The requested page was /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc
    If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact
    the site administrator of shadepaine.com at
    sexyshade@hotmail.com for further assistance.
    Please include details of this error in the email.

Does anyone have any idea what this means??? I am so new at this. Please help.

-Markus
    <hr>text<hr>

Thanks

Re: Yet another error!

Access via your web browser or by opening the web with FrontPage?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

M13Misfit

We were having that problem with the server. The site was down. That is now fixed on the webhost end. However, I still get that message, when I try to access from FrontPage. When I was trying to set the IP address, through the permissions, somehow THIS computer got deleted, I believe. I try to go to the permission, again, to re-add it. I can't get to it. That's when I get the error. Please help!

Thanks

Is the web you are opening on your own computer? Or is it your website at the ISP?
    Also what webserver an operating system is the FP web residing on?
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

M13Misfit

I can open my local pages, on my computer, without a problem. It is the <rootweb> on the webhost server, that i am having trouble with. somehow, i think the permissions are locking out this computer. how do i add this computer, when i am no longer able to get into the permissions?

Thanks

You don't have (or shouldn't have) the rights to control security on your ISP's computers. You need to talk to them, to get them to give you the permission.
    WebGenii Home Page