Star Lounger
    Thanks

Moving from Windows Mail to Outlook or Thunderbird - importing emails?

My Vista pc recently gave up the ghost and so I'm now using a new Windows 8 PC. On the email side, I used to use Windows Mail very happily and had many emails filed within its folders.

When I converted to Windows 8, the only (free) email programme I could find which would allow me to import my old emails was Windows Live Mail so, rather reluctantly, I installed it.

I'm now finding it a pain for several reasons and so would like to change to either Outlook (I'm already running Outlook 2002 - no, not a misprint!) or failing that Thunderbird, but so far have not found a way of exporting/importing my emails across from Windows Live Mail.

Does anyone please know a way of doing it - even perhaps using another email programme which would enable me to import my emails and then export them in another more Outlook friendly format?

Any thoughts please? I can't believe it's impossible!

Thanks,

V

PS Even looked at running the old Windows Mail on Windows 8 but even though some people appear to have managed it, it did not work for me. However, in any case, Outlook or Thunderbird would be better.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No need to respond. I found my own solution here http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/migratefromoewlm.htm.

It turned out to be easier than I thought!

V