Star Lounger
    Thanks

Nero 5.5 Problem

Every time I install Nero 5.5 demo, both my D drive(cdrom) and my E drive(hp9300 burner)are erased. I have to use Goback to go back in time and restore my cdrom drives. Has anyone had this problem and can help me. I have Roxio Platinum edition installed, but I don't think that it's the program. Help.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Nero 5.5 Problem

If you think Nero is a program, good for you. I tried to install v.5.5.5.1 and even v.5.0.3.8 and gave up. Neither works on my computer.

Lounger
    Thanks

Appears Microsoft and Roxio have seen an opportunity to exploit us - the competition's CD burn software won't run in XP? In the words of Gomer Pyle "Surprise, surprise, surprise...." BTW - you know you cant use any version of Easy CD Creator with XP except version 5, right?
    -kev

New Lounger
    Thanks

Which version came with the burner? The go the the website. I have install every cd burner with my NEC 7700a they all seem to work except Easy creator. I have had Nero wor great. 5540,5551,5564. they work just fine make sure that you reboot after you install them. Xp doesn't make you reboot the computer but do it anyway. AQnd use the correct serial number for them that will make the program see or not see your burner.

Lounger
    Thanks

I installed Nero 5.0.something and it worked fine. The 5.5.6.4 update works just fine, too.

I seem to recall there was a problem when having both Nero and another CD writing package installed n the same system. Ahead provides several bootmenu options on their download page that allows the user to select at system startup which software will be used in a writing session. These are supposedly meant to disable parts of the unused program so there will be no conflicts.

Unfortunately, the bootmenus are only compatible with Win9x.

Also, in order for anyone other than users in the Administrators group to write CD's with Nero, you need to be using the full retail or registered download version. The Security tab in the Nero Preferences dialog is not present in the OEM version (or any upgrades to the OEM version).