New Lounger
    Thanks

Want to complain to Google about new Gmail

I find the new gmail horrible and almost impossible to use. I can't find a way to tell Google this. How can I do this and how can i find my way back to the earlier gmail?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Hi woodone,
    WSL.JPG

If you enable POP in Gmail, then use Windows Live Mail (signed in with a Microsoft Account) will solve all. Mail Tips.pdf
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    IMAP works just fine with WLM (2011) as well.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F.U.N. downtown View Post
    IMAP works just fine with WLM (2011) as well.
    I find POP3 to be more user friendly.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I hate the new Gmail as well...

I HATE the new Gmail as well. Am looking for a web-based email service to replace it with. I also have used Yahoo email and Comcast's email and they're worse. I've fiddled with Outlook.com but, again, I just can't get in to it. Certainly there must be solution for those of us who want to compose a message(s) and not do it in a tiny little box.

Anyone have any experience with Zoho?

Thanks,

TomL

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The new Gmail interface flummoxed me for quite a bit.

All I wanted to do was reply to a message with a BCC.

Took me ages to find the BCC option!

Thanks
    Get Dotster. You'll need to pay, but you can either use their webmail, or you can use Outlook or some other email client with it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to all who have replied. You have given me a lot to work through. I just wish I could tell Google what i think, but there doesn't seem to be a way in.
    Woodone

Thanks
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but I found the bcc straight away and the text box is quite large and using the pop-out button (top right) it can be turned into a web page (and maximised). And I use Thunderbird fr all my email accounts (Yahoo, Gmail and Outlook). Perhaps it's just that I only used it the once as a test, not for real, but it would be helpful to be more specific in what you find wrong with it....

And would http://www.google.co.uk/intl/et/contact/ be a useful start/ I Googled it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    I also have used Yahoo email and Comcast's email and they're worse.
    I still use the Yahoo Classic version, and find the current version much worse, as you say. If you're looking to get back to the old version, here's a link to tell you how to do it: http://www.techmesto.com/downgrade-n...il-to-classic/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Use your System Restore Point!!

Lounger
    Thanks
    I’m not a particular fan of Google’s totalitarian ideas about knowing what is best for us but I’ve not found any webmail that is better than Gmail, and I’ve tried most of the free ones. Yahoo and Live Mail are definitely not it for me.

As others have said, the answer is in setting up a pop email client in the way you like it and leaving a copy on the server for webmail access. You can add sync and all sorts of variations to this theme - but how complicated do you want it to be?

The spartan new look is clearly intended to benefit touch screen pad users but it’s still OK and all settings are there if you just hover around the icons. Cc and Bcc is at top right of page – can’t be much plainer than that.

If you really don’t like the new look, and I don’t much, clicking ‘More Options’ at bottom right gives you the option to switch back to the old look – well it does on mine anyway.

From experience, the only way you can vent your spleen at Google is via one of their product forums. But don’t expect anyone to take notice of your views – unless there are a gazillion others saying the same thing. That’s global domination for you, but Gmail is free and it is better and more secure than anyone else is doing right now.

Cheers, Chris