5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

IE10 Problem After Renewing Windows Secrets Newsletter Subscription

I had IE 10 set to always display the menu bar and the Google search box was shown. I clicked an email link to renew my newsletter subscription and noticed that the renewal page opened in full screen-no menu bar and no search box. Hovering the mouse at the top of the page gave me access to internet options, but not to the menu bar. Manage add-ons showed that Google was still my preferred search provider.

I successfully renewed my subscription and then closed and reopened IE. Still no menu bar or Google search box. I then used the Force IE Menu Bar Always On registry tweak, which has always worked in the past, but not this time. I then used the ERUNT program to restore the registry to just before the problem arose, and after rebooting the problem was solved. (I highly recommend the ERUNT program. It has sorted out many odd problems in the past, including one where my desktop icons were scrambled after installing an updated Nvidia Graphics driver. ERUNT works with Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit, but not with Windows 8).

Problem solved, but it would be nice to know why it happened.
    Last edited by royw; 2013-04-02 at 17:11.
    OS Dual Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 & IE11 & Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit & IE11-Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB

Roy Whitethread

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You pressed F11 (possibly before clicking the email link).

Bruce

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for replying Bruce, but I did not click F11 at any stage.
    OS Dual Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 & IE11 & Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit & IE11-Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB

Roy Whitethread