New Lounger
    Thanks

Dolby Driver Mismatch - LONG time problem

This problem has gone on for months!

This is a special built machine, so I have no manufacturer to go to.

The exact error message is "The current Dolby audio driver version is 7.2.8000.14, and the software application expects driver version 7.2.7000.7. Please install a valid driver and software application combination." This occurs every time I start Windows. My basic sound functions still work, in contrast to some of those who also report this message in various forums.

I have Dolby Home Theater, shown on the All Programs menu as "Dolby Home Theater", "Dolby Home Theater.lnk", target "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dolby Home Theater v4\pcee4l.exe".

In Device Manager, Sound, video and game controllers I show "AMD High Definition Audio Device" and "Realtek High Definition Audio". The AMD disk shows "Driver Ver 12-130", properties, details, shows "Driver Version 7.12.0.7712", supplied by Advanced Micro Devices. Realtek properties, details, shows "Driver Version 6.0.1.6710", supplied by Realtek.

The motherboard is Intel DZ77BH-55K. The box has a Dolby logo, but Intel is no help. No one there will profess any knowledge of Dolby, much less how to repair my situation.

The OS is Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit.

The CPU is Intel i7-3770, 3.4G.

Thanks
    Maybe you have the wrong driver for your on-board audio, I'm seeing the latest version as
    6.0.1.6804 for your specific motherboard.

zzzz.jpg
    Intel® Desktop Board DZ77BH-55K

Look for the update to your Realtek driver dated 1/14/2013 and download it.
    Completely remove the current Realtek sound driver and software (if any) prior to installing the new, then restart computer.

You should also check for other newer drivers from the above link and store them in a safe place, and or bookmark the link.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.