Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just adding my two cents... A number of my clients had similar issues and i traced the issue back to Spybot Search & Destroy 2. Many programs add "right click" functions to explorer and it can screw up as is the case with Spybot. It has been documented both in the beta release and in the final version. No fix so far to my knowledge...

PC's were all Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had an unusable right click problem.

AutoRuns from Systernals found that DropBox had inserted 10 hooks into my system.
    Some of those hooks actually launched Dropbox internet actions BEFORE I logged on
    in fact Windows Event logs showed the DropBox internet action as the very first event recorded on start-up.

AutoRuns was able to disable or delete (my choice) those hooks.

In your case Autoruns may detect and control malware that could be in control.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Replying to three posts:

Lpking - no, I have nothing to do with any nVidia drivers, the problem was on a Dell laptop, with an Intel graphics controller.

LiveAloha - oddly enough, I do have Spybot S&D on this machine,

Alan.B - even more oddly, I also have DropBox.

Since my earlier post, announcing that deleting those keys solved the problem, I re-ran the ATIH 2013 installer, and re-introduced the "Right-click crashes Windows Explorer" problem. I have again deleted the offending keys, and returned the computer to expected and acceptable behaviour.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Using another thread and "shellexview" I discovered that "better file renamer" was my culprit

New Lounger
    Thanks

Smile

My problem, ongoing for several months, was that Windows Explorer (Windows 7) would crash every time I tried to right click on a folder (right clicking on a file did not cause this problem, just on a folder) Windows Explorer would crash. Thanks to posted suggestions, I uninstalled my Spybot Search & Destroy and this problem seems to have gone away. Thanks to all who have posted this suggestion. Spybot is a useful program, but I may wait a while before I try to install it and use it again.
    Last edited by sblitz; 2013-06-14 at 14:40.

Thanks
    Hey Y'all,

I had a similar problem with a friends machine yesterday. Right-Click in Explorer caused message on failed loading wow.dll in a Temp folder then Explorer would crash and offer to reload. This turned out to be the MyWebSearch malware. I had to revert to Combo-Fix to get rid of it but that fixed it right up. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by livealoha View Post
    Just adding my two cents... A number of my clients had similar issues and i traced the issue back to Spybot Search & Destroy 2. Many programs add "right click" functions to explorer and it can screw up as is the case with Spybot. It has been documented both in the beta release and in the final version. No fix so far to my knowledge...

PC's were all Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.
    I agree. It solve my problem in no time....(just remove Spybot) running Windows 7 Home edition 32 bit

Thanks
    I had a very similar problem with Windows 8 Pro 32-bit:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...nd-Windows-8-1

I used ShellExView to solve it -- I disabled all DLLs except for the Microsoft ones. The problem went away. I then reenabled a few at a time, rebooting each time. Problem stayed away till I reenabled Format Factory. That was the culprit. I uninstalled the program. No more problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12