New Lounger
    Thanks

How to get Microsoft Money back

I'm running w7
    I was trying to export to Quicken from MS MONEY 2006 and it said I had to update to ms money plus so I did and it deleted my entries and I cant get back .I even tried to RESTORE . IT DID NOT WORK any help would helpful I'm a novice
    Rowland

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Rowland,

When you first started Money after the upgrade did you tell it to create a new file or open your existing file?
    The install should not have deleted your existing file by its self. You do have a backup of the money file?
    You can search in Explorer for *.mny {regular money files} and *.mbf {backup files}. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Always, always, always back up your data files. Do not rely solely on the app to automatically back up your data files. This is a sure way to ask for disaster. If the auto backup files RG mentioned were not done, and your main files are truly gone, and you did not backup your files yourself, you might be out of luck.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Unless they are in the recycle bin!

New Lounger
    Thanks

how do iget ms money 2006

I had a tech get it back but she hasn't been able to transfer to quicken 2011 I don't know what the problem is to covert to quicken . She is going to do research and come back Wednesday. Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I now get money was unable to load the registration library (dll) when I try to open MS Money. I ran ccleaner .Do you think this what deleted the dll if so how do I get it back?
    Thank You
    Rowland