4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Help with formula

Hi,

I have the following formula on a report:

=DCount("*","tblValuations","[tblValuations]![CreateValuation]>=[reportdate] and <=[reportdate2]" & " and [tblValuations]![salesID]=" & [Reports]![tblSalesman2]![salesid])

However it just reports an error I suspect it is to do with the "[tblValuations]![CreateValuation]>=[reportdate] and <=[reportdate2]" section?
    Best Regards,

Luke

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try [tblValuations]![CreateValuation]>=[reportdate] and [tblValuations]![CreateValuation]<=[reportdate2]

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    And just to save yourself some time in the future, since your DLookup is against a single table, you don't need to include the tablename with the field names in the WHERE clause.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Lightbulb A clean solution

Quote Originally Posted by Lstclair55 View Post
    Hi,

I have the following formula on a report:

=DCount("*","tblValuations","[tblValuations]![CreateValuation]>=[reportdate] and <=[reportdate2]" & " and [tblValuations]![salesID]=" & [Reports]![tblSalesman2]![salesid])

However it just reports an error I suspect it is to do with the "[tblValuations]![CreateValuation]>=[reportdate] and <=[reportdate2]" section?
    Here is a clean solution for your DCount:

=DCount("*","tblValuations","([CreateValuation] Between [reportdate] and [reportdate2]) AND [SalesID] = " & [Reports]![tblSalesman2]![SalesID].Value)

I enclose the date part of the criteria within parenthesis more for clarity than anything else; it's a habit. Be sure that your [CreateValuation] and both reportdates are all just date values with no time portion attached, or you might not get exactly the count you expect. You can assure that with the DateValue() function:

=DCount("*","tblValuations","(DateValue([CreateValuation]) Between DateValue([reportdate]) and DateValue([reportdate2])) AND [SalesID] = " & [Reports]![tblSalesman2]![SalesID].Value)

Of course, this level of precision is not necessary if you know for certain that you never have time-of-day in your dates.

Cheers!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks.

I have a similar problem now with the following:

=DCount("[IncomingCalls]","tblCallHistory","([tblCallHistory]![CallDate] Between [dates1] and [dates2]) AND [SalesID] = " & [Reports]![rptWeeklyActivityReport]![SalesID].[Value])

I basically want it to add the value of all reords in the field IncomingCalls between the two dates specified and for that particular person based upon their salesid. However it is not giving me the information back I expect, it is only counting the number of records.
    Best Regards,

Luke

New Lounger
    Thanks

It is doing what you ask

Quote Originally Posted by Lstclair55 View Post
    Thanks. I have a similar problem now with the following:

=DCount("[IncomingCalls]","tblCallHistory","([tblCallHistory]![CallDate] Between [dates1] and [dates2]) AND [SalesID] = " & [Reports]![rptWeeklyActivityReport]![SalesID].[Value])

I basically want it to add the value of all reords in the field IncomingCalls between the two dates specified and for that particular person based upon their salesid. However it is not giving me the information back I expect, it is only counting the number of records.
    Forgive me for pointing it out, but in your example you have asked it to Count, not Add. Use DSum(). I hope this solves your problem.