Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Printing a web page causes IE9 to crash

I have a user on a laptop running Win7 64bit using IE9. We added a port replicator/docking station while he was running IE10 and when connected to it his IE10 would crash. We rolled back to IE9 and solved that issue. Now the issue is whenever he tries to print a web page or ANYTHING from IE it causes a crash and restarts IE9. Everything I've found through a search suggested disabling all add-ons in IE which I did. No joy. Then we removed and reinstalled the printer, connected the printer directly to the laptop bypassing the port replicator and still the same crash. We even removed the laptop from the port replicator completely and it won't make any difference. Can someone point me in the right direction on this? Has anyone seen this before?

Any help would be appreciated.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Do the event logs show any description for the crash? Do you get the same problem if you print from Chrome?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, I meant to include that information. Event logs show nothing. Scan of registry shows no trace of IE10 left in the system. Printing from Chrome works just fine and printing to a file works also. IE is popping up a window saying "Internet Explorer has crashed and restarted."

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cool

Have you tried running "sfc /scannow" in an admin command prompt to see if it find any corrupt files and repairs them?
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have run the command as suggested and it found nothing wrong. I created a new account on the computer and logged in on that account to see if it was profile specific. Still did the same thing. The event log is now showing an application event with the following information:

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 9.0.8112.16470, time stamp: 0x510c8801
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x7374c9f1
    Faulting process id: 0xd20
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce3552bd5f7bd9
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 2da86c9e-a146-11e2-bb67-0050b6535033

Hopefully this will help someone identify what is wrong. I have already searched on the error ID and found nothing helpful.

Thank you for anything you can do to help.