Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook.com mystery

I logged on to Outlook.com for the first time out of curiosity, and was very surprised to find that there were around 700 emails in my inbox. Surprised because in Windows Live Mail I only have 60, and when I delete messages from WLM they are also deleted from my ISP's webmail. The vast majority of the messages had already been deleted from WLM, so where is Outlook.com accessing them from? Is the answer perhaps that WLM stores messages in the cloud, as well as in the desktop message store, and if so why do deleted messages stay in the cloud?

Apart from that I would have liked to delete messages from Outlook.com in batches, using the Shift or Ctrl keys, but was unable to do so because as soon as I selected a message it opened up, so I had to delete them individually. Very frustrating. Is there a way around this?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I wish I could help you but your post scares me off the product from a security point of view for sure!

I would like to know where Outlook.com support comes from? It is probably MS.

So what is their advice?

Thanks
    Hi Roy,

tick the box next to 'view all'

Capture.JPG
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roderunner and thanks. However, I would still like an answer to my question as to where Outlook.com is accessing messages from.
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Hi Roy,

do you have any other Microsoft mail accounts ?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Roderunner,

The only other account I have is Windows Live Mail.

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Hi Roy,

WLM is not an account, it's just a tool to use your Outlook.com account. I suggest accessing your account directly and delete all you don't want to keep then do this Mail Tips.pdf

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Roderunner For This Useful Post:

royw (2013-04-10)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To select multiple messages (for deletion) you will see checkboxes to the left of each message. Click on one checkbox, then hold down the shift button and click on one further down - it will select those two messages plus all the ones in between.
    You can also click multiple checkboxes without holding down anything to select a number of individual messages for deletion, or some other mass function.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigMac56 For This Useful Post:

royw (2013-04-10)