Thread: Word 2010

Lounger
    Thanks

Question Word 2010

In Word 2003, when creating a diagram made up of text boxes, arrows and various shapes, I used to be able to place the cursor arrow in the top left hand corner and drag it over the diagram to enable me to group it all together. This was particularly useful if I only wanted to group part of the diagram to move it. This doesn't seem to work in Word 2010 and can't work out how to only select some of the diagram, without having to click on each component separately. Has anyone any ideas please?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    On the Home Tab you should see the Edit Group at the righthand end. Click on the little arrow attached to Select and choose the Selection Pane. The drag over to select has long gone (unfortunately).

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thankyou for that! I had already found the editing pane, but as this is just as long-winded as individually clicking on each component in the diagram, I was hoping that there would be a quicker way! Can't believe we can no longer drag to select! Thanks anyway!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you have access to Visio, it is much better suited to creating diagrams, and you can, indeed, drag and drop objects in diagrams. Visio really is drag and drop drawing for everyone.
    David Gray, Chief Wizard
    WizardWrx
    Irving, Texas, USA

WizardWrx Web - Technical Articles and Free Software
    You are more important than any technology we may employ.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    There is good news, it is still possible to lasso multiple objects BUT you have to place the objects inside a drawing canvas. This is doubly good news because you SHOULD already be doing this.

If you place your shapes in a drawing canvas then they behave themselves much better since they are all anchored to the same paragraph. If you place the shapes on the page then they are typically anchored to different paragraphs and you need to tinker continuously with pagination, empty paragraphs and paragraph spacing.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia