5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It's the final (support) countdown for Windows XP

PATCH WATCH

It's the final (support) countdown for Windows XP

By Susan Bradley

Windows XP was released in August 2001. Over a decade later, it's still
    going strong on millions of PCs. But as they say, all good things must come to an end; we're in the final year of official Microsoft support for the OS.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/patch-watch/its-the-final-support-countdown-for-windows-xp/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by Kathleen Atkins; 2013-04-10 at 17:15.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks again.
    For some reason 2828223 (remote desktop) came up on my Win7 HomeP system with a different number. But when I clicked the Info link, it brought me to the 223 page @ Microsoft. Apologies - I didn't note the number and it's updating now.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

alt KB number on Win7

Back post-reboot
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813347). It's 2828223, linking here:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...letin/ms13-029

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Update shown in my Win7 device: Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813347)

Info included in the update: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=286679, KB 2828223 (MS13-029)

On April 11, 2013 in Patch Watch: MS13-029 (2828223), "Windows Remote Desktop Client hiccup" is discussed...and install recommended

What is with the mysterious crossed over numbering? Are these the same update?? Is it 'safe' to install this 'other' numbered update???

Can the original article be updated to reflect this information as well...in order to save others from the same head scratching waste of time I just spent during the last week while I tried to make time to research this further...