Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Star Lounger
    Thanks

YouTube and IE10

Since today, I cannot access YouTube any more. I have W 7 and IE 10 installed and both are completely up-to-date. Also Adobe Flash Player has the latest update. When accessing YouTube I get a website saying this:

Oops, your web browser is no longer supported.

YouTube works with a wide range of browsers. However, if you'd like to use many of our latest and greatest features, please upgrade to a modern, fully supported browser.Find the latest versions of our supported browsers below.

It then shows all the major browsers including IE.

The problem concerns only YouTube. Embedded videos on a web site can be viewed. Also, YouTube works in Chrome but not in Firefox where the same issue occurs.

It seems to be a bug somewhere of which I get pretty much p.....d off. Anyone any idea what to do. At this moment to watch YouTube videos is to start Chrome.
    What a mess!

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    I've tried it on a Win7/IE10 PC with no problems. So, it would seem to be a Flash issue. Try uninstalling Flash and reinstalling.

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, this did help at all, still getting the message. To mention this, it works fine with W 8/IE10.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Maybe your IE install is corrupted. Have you tried uninstalling IE10 and reinstalling it?

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No, the installation was correct and works fine. Now, I did uninstall IE 10 and I am back on IE 9 but it did not resolve the issue. It does the same in IE 9. So, uninstalling and reinstalling isn't the way to fix it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If I click "No Thanks", it connects to YouTube. But when I click on a video it opens and does not show the video but the little red notice that "You need Abobe Flash Player to watch this video, Download it from Adobe. That's it. I must also mention that this behaviour occured since the last "Patch Tuesday" this week (last week Friday it was working normally), and I am not alone with the issue. It appears that some guys have already contacted Google and Microsoft about the issue assuming that there is some bug somewhere. Again after removing IE10, this caused that I am back to IE 9.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is Active X Filtering turned on for that site?

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2013-04-13 at 01:23.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Active X Filtering is turned off and always was!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just to let you know, I am back on IE10. Issue remains as described. Guess, we have to wait until either MS or Google does something about it. It would be nice, if Fred Langa could look into this issue.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Something inexplicable happened. As I said I reinstalled IE 10, checked Flash Player with Firefox and YouTube which ask me to download Flash Player. Also a button appeared with the title Missing Downloads..., clicked on it and it installed Flash Player within a couple of secs. (my connection is very good). It works now for Firefox. So far so good.

I then thought why not doing the same with IE 10 and YouTube (I had the latest version of Flash Player already installed). This "installation" took also a few secs. And guess what? Now YouTube works again. What happened after "Patch Tuesday? This is the big question. Something must have the thrown off the plug-in of but ONLY for YouTube! Actually, I removed one patch on MS's recommendation. I am really puzzled.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What should I say? I am back to square one on this issue. Accessing YouTube does the same again as described at the beginning of this post. In other words the "solution" as described in my previous post is not valid! Even downloading and reinstalling Flash player did not help at all. So, at this moment my conclusion is that something is wrong either with MS IE10 or YouTube by Google.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Same problem here ...

win7, ie10 and no YouTube !

New Lounger
    Thanks
    After installing IE-10 on a Win 7 64 bit machine I also have the problem of "No YouTube"
    However I discovered a workaround. Just refresh IE and everything works again.
    I DO need to refresh each time, but at least YouTube will play until I get a permanent fix.

Thanks
    You might want to go into Manage add ons and disable everything except adobe Flash and maybe the Microsoft entries.

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast