Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pops and crackles on sound

I recently installed the latest Realtek sound software for my Acer 7738G to see if I could cure the crackle and pops I was getting on the sound. The sound quality is much richer, but the pops are still there.

Looking around the internet, it seems this could be due to a number of things including insufficient buffer space, IRQ conflict etc...

Can anyone recommend which order to proceed in and any 3rd party software that might help trace the problem's cause?

Also, how to change the IRQ? I have noticed that I have 2 entries for the HD Audio Controller. It shows up in the conflicts/sharing on IRQ 16 where it shares with the NVidia GEforce GT2400M and on its own on IRQ 21.

For info: Up until now I had been using the NVIDIA High definition audio device that was installed when I got the machine. For some reason, this device shows up 4 times in the device manager (normal?). I've disabled all 4 instances since installing the Realtek software.

Tx

Thanks
    Hi Marp,

check your speaker's settings.

RR.JPG
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for that tip. However, still popping away...
    But... playing around with settings, I think it might have something to do with the buffer. If I clear the audio enhancement properties under the Dolby tab, the test sound doesn't pop. If I drop the sound quality, it also doesn't pop. Listening to the World Service, if I change to low quality, it doesn't pop. I'll play around further and see what I can come up with.

Thanks
    Hi Marp,

is it web based radio your listening to ?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    If you a phone near the computer or a wireless connection move the phone away and see if that helps....
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"