New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Maximise Foxit Reader when opening

I've recently updated to Foxit Reader 556.218, and it has an infuriating wrinkle. It always opens in a "normal" window/size. When I click on a pdf file I'd like Foxit reader to open in a "maximised" size, as it used to. I've tried the IE tricks of manually setting it to maximised, and then Click File> Exit with the Ctrl key pressed (I've also tried the Shift key). Nope, next time it opens in "normal" size. I don't see a Preference to set in Reader.

I'm using XP SP3.

Any thoughts/wisdom?

Tx

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an older version I'm sure but if you have the Restore last view settings when reopening (in Preferences>History) checked, and the last time you closed it was maxed, does that fail as well?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    F.U.N. Downtown - Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that setting is already in place. It seems to be something to do with this version - wierd!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Expand the window to fill the screen. Then close it using the command under file don't click on the X to close it. It should open to the correct size the next time you use it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Check Marc
    I had tried that originally. As you know, it's the classic Windows trick.
    What I have done since then was go back to an earlier version, which turned out to have the same issue.
    So I returned to the latest version with the intention of just putting up with it, only to find the maximised window has somehow stuck!
    Weird!
    Thanks anyway,
    esourcecom