2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can I remove the 'Recent' folder from Windows Explorer?

I never use the Recent folder that shows up under Owner and in the Libraries list.

Is there a way to remove this folder so it no longer appears when I open Windows Explorer?

Thanks
    BruceR is correct.I was distracted,when I read the post.
    Last edited by chowur; 2013-04-13 at 04:53. Reason: Wrong Information.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chowur View Post
    Click the blue Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the desktop.Click "Computer" on the right side of the Start menu. A new Windows Explorer window appears. Under the "Favorites" category in the upper-left corner of the Windows Explorer window, you will see the entry for "Recent Places."Right-click the "Recent Places" folder, and then click "Clear Recent Items List." Windows 7 removes the list of recently accessed folders from the Recent Places folder.
    That sounds temporary. If it's under Favorites, can't you right-click then click Remove?

Bruce

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not trying to delete any folders or files from Recent = I'm trying to find a way to completely eliminate this folder from Windows Explorer.

I've found was to edit the registry to eliminate other unused folders in Windows Explorer, but can't seem to find a way to get rid of Recent.

Capture.JPG

My goal is to make Windows 7 as clean and lean as possible. Since Microsoft will be supporting it until 2020, for me it's still a work in progress.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I just right clicked the rent places folder and chose remove. It now no longer shows in explorer.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousclive View Post
    I just right clicked the rent places folder and chose remove. It now no longer shows in explorer.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Can you please explain what the 'rent places' folder is?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is what I get when I right-click the Recent folder. There's no delete option:

recent right-click.jpg

So how do I remove this folder?