New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel footer, What is optimal size for A4 print?

Hi all

I have been assigned a task where I need to create a nice looking footer in an Excel template.
    I have a complete letter design from the Adobe InDesign application. This original image has some parts in the top, and a Company logo and Company address at the bottom.
    In Excel, I would like to create a footer resembling the footer from my InDesign file (i.e. logo+address).
    However, I have some trouble getting the printout to look nice and crisp. The address part of the image appears grainy and unclear - like an image that has been stretched or shrunk a couple of times.

I was thinking that I could export the part from our original design to JPG or some other Excel-recognized image format. But, what size (in pixels) and what other settings would I need (DPI? Colour?) to get the best looking file for Excel?

Our template is designed to be printed on an A4 paper, in portrait mode.
    We use Excel 2010.

Any tips or tricks to get a good looking footer image would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.

Cheers
    Simon

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Leaving the logo apart for the moment, you will always get better results with raw text in the footer for the address. If you can find out the font used in the design, I would install that (if you don't already have it), type the address and format it (as per the design) in the footer dialog boxes.

For the logo, I would put it - by itself - in one of the three footer sections. For myself I would just experiment with the size and format of the picture but other posters may have more knowledge of the specifics in this respect than I do.

Hope this helps.