New Lounger
    Thanks

PC's default location

Ever since we got our Dells anytime we visit a website of a BM store, the website is showing our local store in Texas. I thought I could go into registry and change the entry to reflect our zip code. Can someone point me to this location....I cannot find it.

Thanks

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Your location is being determined by your IP address. It's even good that is the way it is being done, since a website should not really access any real info about you, that you are not willing to give them voluntarily. So, this is not something that you can change, sorry.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you're in Google Maps and it's giving the wrong location you can correct it.

- Open Google Maps
    - Near the top left it will state the location it thinks you're in, below it will say;
    "Not your current location? Correct it"

Type in your location, or city, or state, anything you want.
    Last edited by BigMac56; 2013-04-18 at 06:36.