4 Star Lounger
    Anaheim, California, USA

Mail Merge to Forms, & then e-mail them

Hi all. I just got Word 2010. I have been using Word since the early 90's, and this is quite a learning curve.

I was very excited to find that I could do a mail merge and then sound out the results via E-Mail and have been using that quite a bit. We are a small office, no Exchange Server or anything like that. I hate to tell you how I used to E-Mail merged documents.

Anyway, I would like to create a form, fill out some of the information, then through the mail merge, send it out to all of the participants in a program that we have coming up. I have most of their information already, so they don't really need to fill it all out again, I just want them to check it, make changes, add to the fields that I have purposely left blank, such as emergency contact and then E-Mail it back. However, when I Group all my fields to make it a form, all the options on the Mailing tab are grayed out.

Is there a way to do this. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    You can't use mailmerge with formfields, if that's what you're referring to as the fields you've left blank. For a macro that allows you to work around this limitation, see:
    See also:

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]