4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Remove Boot Options

I've got a Compaq Presario desktop which I upgraded from XP to Win7 Home Premium. When I boot it up, I'm given 3 choices of what to do: run an earlier version of Windows, run Win 7, or run the Windows Recovery Console. How can I just have the PC boot right into Win 7?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    What is the default OS? In other words if you just leave it boot on its own does it go into the proper OS? If so, just go to System Properties>Advanced>Startup and Recovery and change the time to display choices to 0 seconds.

If its not the default you can also change to the default there or better yet, install EasyBCD and change the default OS there and remove the other entries if you want.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F.U.N. downtown View Post
    What is the default OS? In other words if you just leave it boot on its own does it go into the proper OS? If so, just go to System Properties>Advanced>Startup and Recovery and change the time to display choices to 0 seconds.
    Thanks, that worked a charm. Much easier than editing the BOOT.INI file like I had to do in earlier versions of Windows.