Thanks

Question Windows Explorer

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32. I have pinned Windows Explorer to the taskbar. When I right click on the WE folder icon, it show what you see in the attached image. What you don't see, is that it also shows recent activity, meaning the files and folders from both SkyDrive, and the Maxtor (G) drive that I have used and or visited. Is there a setting I can change so that it doesn't show those files and or folders?

Thanks
    John

Clipboard01.jpg
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Try the Control Panel>>Taskbar and Start Menu properties window>>Start Menu tab>>privacy box. Remove the checks there and any unpinned items should go away.
    Also in Start menu tab>>customize... there is a setting for the number of jump list items to display. Set that to 0 or maybe allow for pinned items and they again should go away.

Thanks
    I've tried both of those, but neither changed what I wanted changed... Oh well
    thanks for the try though!
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Those are from your Most Recently Used list (MRU). I don't think there is a setting just for Windows Explorer. You'd have to change the properties for the start menu but then that would apply to all pinned items.

Joe