New Lounger

Windows Media Player ripping query.

Hello all

Is it possible to rip various tracks on an ordinary (bought) audio CD to different albums on WMP 12? For instance, I have a CD with 8 tracks, 4 of which I'd like to rip to 1 WMP album and the remainder to a second. I have tried renaming the album title, artist, genre and year prior to ripping, but despite this, after ripping, WMP combines the tracks onto 1 album. How can I get the tracks ripped onto separate albums?

Running standard Windows 8.

Many thanks

Polk County, Florida
    I don't think that you can, but someone else may have more experience with WMP. I just create a folder for putting together a group of various tracks, and copy files from various artists to that folder.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows