New Lounger
    Thanks

Question How do I make MS Outlook open automatically at bootup?

I should know this but I don't.

My better half wants to have her email right on the screen when she boots up the W7 32 bit pc.

Ie with outlook logged in and ready to send and having downloaded the latest emails?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    You can copy the shortcut from Outlook and paste it on the C:\Users\YourUsername\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

Escalater (2013-04-26)

Thanks
    The downside to this is that if there's "a problem" with startup, a huge amount of CPU cycles and time will be devoted to starting up what is quite a hefty program!

Is it really so difficult to double-click on a desktop icon when all the boot and startup work is finished, and the CPU is nearly idle?
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BATcher For This Useful Post:

Escalater (2013-04-26)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    The downside to this is that if there's "a problem" with startup, a huge amount of CPU cycles and time will be devoted to starting up what is quite a hefty program!

Is it really so difficult to double-click on a desktop icon when all the boot and startup work is finished, and the CPU is nearly idle?
    Its really not that bad. I used to load Outlook at startup all the time when I was still working. The number of times you have a problem with startup is rare and even then, the extra 5 seconds or so is no big deal. Its really just user preference and makes sense if the first thing you always do after booting is read email.

Jerry

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

Escalater (2013-04-26)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post

For me no.

But I'm am not her so for that reason I need to set this to meet client needs.

If it can be automated do it!