3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem downloading videos in RealPlayer

I have installed the latest RealPlayer 16 (free version) on my Windows 7 computer and tried to download Youtube videos in Google Chrome version 26, marked as up to date. I moved the mouse over the top right of the displayed video, as instructions, but there is no displayed “Download this video” button. I tried right-clicking but still no download button. I downloaded RealDownloader and tried to install but got the message that it was already installed. Realdownloader plug-in is enabled and Adobe Flash Player 11 is installed.. I have clicked on Sign In, thinking that may be necessary, but all I get is a blank “box”. I have tried in Windows 10, just installed, but in that I cannot even play a video – all I get is a blank black box. Can you help please.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    YouTube has blocked that download method and many others as well, disabling all extensions in Chrome that used to provide that ability and I.E. is I.E. Last time I checked, Firefox still had a working extension for downloading YouTube videos and the Chrome ones work for other video sites, just not for YouTube.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to F.U.N. downtown For This Useful Post:

mike21 (2013-04-27)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks - I will download Firefox and look for a suitable extension.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    From a post early in January tested and found to be working shortly after that but I haven't used it since so...

f you are using the Firefox browser, just click Tools -> Add-ons, which brings up the Add-ons Manager. Then just use the search box to search for YouTube downloaders. I use Easy YouTube Video Downloader 6.6. When you visit YouTube, it adds a Download button under the video. You can download it as several file types.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to F.U.N. downtown For This Useful Post:

mike21 (2013-04-29)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    or check to see if you are using HTTPS to browse YouTube.

If you change HTTPS to HTTP, most of the downloaders work (at least mine does)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben09880 For This Useful Post:

mike21 (2013-04-29)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the replies/suggestions. I have tried to install Firefox but failed, with a pop-up "unable to initialise installer GUI" - maybe this is a clue.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Try 'YTD Video Downloader' It's free and you can save. For a faster version get 'Pro' $30'
    busyyou.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I have always found YTD Video Downloader as the best option to download youtube videos and it has developed to support even more sites than just youtube. The free version will offer to install toolbars and other wasteful stuff, but proceeding carefully with the installation allows you to easily uncheck all options to add the extraneous stuff.
    Rui
    -------
    R4