New Lounger
    Thanks

Forwarding email when changing ISPs

We're about to change ISPs, from Comcast/Xfinity to Verizon FIOS. My husband has long used a Comcast email address exclusively for his home email, and while I've created a new email address for him on Verizon.net, he's concerned about missing someone when he sends out notifications of the address change. I'm told Comcast will "nuke" our Comcast email addresses as soon as we cancel our service, so my question is, is anyone aware of an email forwarding service that will "catch" the email before it hits the Comcast servers and forward it to Verizon instead? Is there such a thing? Is there anything else we can do? (I have already checked and learned that Comcast will not allow us to keep the email addresses even if we're willing to pay to do so for a transition period.)

Many thanks for any help.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    In a word, no. Comcast own the mail domain and unless they agree to forward your mail you are stuck. You will have the same problem if you ever leave Verizon.
    I suggest you create a "permanent" email at one of the free (or paid) sites and move everything there, then you are provider free.
    [Edit] See this post for email suggestions: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...e-domain-usage

cheers, Paul

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

froggy1350 (2015-06-24)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I have ISP e-mail accounts because one is required for online billing and I use another one for when buying anything online as that one will be the one that gets the spam.

I opened a free gmail account as an independent one of my ISP and use that to store any online purchase receipts and for friends and family.

Perhaps to future proof, you should consider a gmail account.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to both of you. I do have a gmail account, but I could never convince my husband to use one, largely because he couldn't get the email address he wanted.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy1350 View Post
    because he couldn't get the email address he wanted
    Buy your own domain and included email - it's very cheap - then create any email address you like.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    A friend of mine changed from Earthlink/Mindspring to another ISP, and they let him keep his address for forwarding purposes for about $5/month. Would Comcast have something like that?