Lounger
    Thanks

Recovering email that was delivered to a pst (2000 SR-1)

Hi-
    Was wondering if there was anyway to get back messages that have been delivered to a pst that was recently lost. The mailbox has email retention for 30 days. Is there anyway to get emails that were delivered, and not actually deleted from the server. I assume that they have been marked for deletion, and are still there. Let me know if you can help.
    Thanks,
    Don

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recovering email that was delivered to a pst (2000 SR-1)

Mail delivered to a .pst file is not kept in the Exchange mailbox which is where deleted items retention can be set. If you moved your messages from the server and then deleted them, they may be inaccessible.

However, you need to check with your Exchange Administrator to see if they can restore your mailbox from a backup. Be aware that this process is costly in terms of the admin's time so be prepared for a firm no, unless you can present a pressing business reason ("I was monitoring and receiving message for the President and got a message about an emergency meeting of the board to discuss shutting donw this operation - I am afraid that I deleted that message!)

Good luck!

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recovering email that was delivered to a pst (2000 SR-1)

Thanks for the info. That is what I thought, but I figured i would ask sine you guys usually have an answer.
    Thanks