2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Saving changes to doc template

I'm writing some documents for a client using Word 2010 on Win7. The client has a standard doc template that I have to use, so I used that template to create new documents.

Somewhere along the line it's decided that I changed the document template. Not sure if that's because I made changes to e.g. a paragraph that had a template style associated with it, or what. But now EVERY SINGLE @##%# TIME I save any of these files, it asks me if I want to save the document template.

Is there any way to tell it "No, @%@# it, I DON'T want to save the stupid template, so stop asking!!!"

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This is likely to be an add-in causing the problem. Does the following help?
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/wo...001151452.aspx
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291352
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Lockton For This Useful Post:

garyfritz (2013-04-30)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Andrew,

Looking at the second link:
    * "Prompt before saving Normal template" was already cleared.
    * I don't have a Startup directory under c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14. I did find one under c:\Program Files (x86) but it's empty.
    * I couldn't find a Word Startup folder other than that, i.e. under c:\Users.
    * I had a few COM add-ins (Adobe Acrobat, Snagit, OneNote). I disabled them all, and... aha! No more message!

A bit of experimentation determined the "Snagit Add-In" is the culprit. As far as I know I never use a link from Word to Snagit anyway so I disabled it, and now the annoying message seems to be gone. Thank you sir!!

Thanks
    Gary,

Turning off the "Prompt before saving Normal template" alert is like taking the batteries out of your smoke alarm because it keeps buzzing. You want this on, otherwise Word will save changes without asking.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin