3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Net Send replacement needed

Our company needs to be able to send messages over through the server to computers within the office instantly. We loved NetSend but Microsoft took that off after XP. We have Windows 7 Professional now. Any suggestions? Need help please!
    lynndelap

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Try taking a look at the msg command.

Any reason why you don't trust services not based in the USA? The internet is global and we don't bite you know...well, most of us anyway.
    Last edited by Medico; 2013-05-01 at 04:29.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data.

- William Edwards Deming. 1900 - 1993

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There was no telephone contact number for the one out of the US and we like to have someone to talk too.
    lynndelap

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry, Thank you. I'll take a look at it. From what I have been told, it will not work instantly to other network computers. I'll check it out though!
    lynndelap

Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lynndelap View Post
    Jerry, Thank you. I'll take a look at it. From what I have been told, it will not work instantly to other network computers. I'll check it out though!
    It may need a bit of tweaking to get it working. Take a look at the scripting supplied in my link above if necessary.

Regarding the need to talk to somebody "local" that's a perfectly valid reason to want to stay in country; but it's not the same as not trusting somebody because they are not in the same country as you. I use software and services sourced from around the globe: trust is non-geographic, and implying that it is slightly jarred with me.

Anyway, I fear a digression into inappropriate territory, so will leave it at that. Do take a look at the msg command and the supporting scripts, they should do what you want.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data.

- William Edwards Deming. 1900 - 1993