New Lounger
    Thanks

Vanishing incoming emails in Outlook Express

I use OE on XP and suddenly all incoming emails disappear. The machine shows they are being downloaded but they never appear. I have checked that View All messages is applied.

Thanks
    I have a little bit of experience with O.E.6.... like about 13+ years.

I had one customer who couldn't send any email and I found out that it was because her Sent Mail folder had over 10,000 old emails in it. The root cause was because for O.E. to open any of its folders, that folder has to fit in ram memory.
    If a folder can't fit into RAM, then it can't be opened, and NO more email will fit into it.

I encourage all my customers who use O.E. to keep their folders, like, Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items emptied on a weekly basis.

So dump out the above mentioned folders and see if O.E. starts working properly again.

Report back!

The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho View Post
    I have a little bit of experience with O.E.6.... like about 13+ years.

I had one customer who couldn't send any email and I found out that it was because her Sent Mail folder had over 10,000 old emails in it. The root cause was because for O.E. to open any of its folders, that folder has to fit in ram memory.
    If a folder can't fit into RAM, then it can't be opened, and NO more email will fit into it.

I encourage all my customers who use O.E. to keep their folders, like, Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items emptied on a weekly basis.

So dump out the above mentioned folders and see if O.E. starts working properly again.

Report back!

The Doctor
    Thanks for your quick reply. Have done that but no difference -- they just never show up, they're disappearing down a rabbit hole.

Thanks
    Hmmmm!

I wonder, if you have some kind of SPAM checker, that could be Rabbit Holing them. ???

Is it EVERY email, by the way ???

Can you read them via Web-Mail?

The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!