New Lounger
    Thanks

Looking for search add-ins from this article:

"Get our free search add-ins for Firefox and IE 7". The WSecrets article was published June 12, 2008. The two search add-ins, one related to WindowsSecrets.com and one related to Google Windows-related site search, installed quite nicely in my Firefox browser search box with other search engines. I used them on occasion with my previous computer. Now I've upgraded to a shiny, new machine and when I looked through WSecrets article history I found the article referenced above which reads, in part, "There’s no cost for the add-ins, and you can easily install and uninstall these capabilities whenever you like. To install our free tools, visit our plug-ins page." That's the rub. Click on the highlighted "plug-ins page" in the article and the dreaded Error 404 - Page not found message appears. I traded emails with WindowsSecrets staff member Kathleen last week and in the end I'm no closer to reinstalling these add-ins on my new computer. I would appreciate any lounger that is using either one or both add-ins to please indicate how they're obtained and installed. Thank you!!!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Modern browsers have lots of search engines available from scratch. You shouldn't need to add anything, but if you can tell us the names of the add-ins we might be able to point you in the right direction.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, Paul. Here is the link to the article penned by Brian Livingston dated June 12, 2008. [URL="Get our free search add-ins for Firefox and IE 7"] The add-ins are named (titled) WindowsSecrets.com and Google Windows-related site search.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I must be sad, I still have the email from Windows Secrets.

Using the Wayback Machine I located the article and plug-ins. Unfortunately the plug-ins don't seem to be compatible with the current version of Firefox - I haven't tried it in IE.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Paul, I am most impressed with you finding the information. Thanks very much. I clicked on your link (Wayback Machine is new to me) and attempted to install but was met with the "not supported by Firefox" message. Currently using the latest FFox - version 20.0.1. Went to IE and the plug-ins installed effortlessly but I did not find their use seamless as in using the plug-ins with the former search bar of old. So, the outcome is less than positive. I uninstalled them from IE (Bing is default) and will save your page and play another time. But as FFox is my default browser it seems to be a loss for my side. But again, thank you for your work. Keep on Rocking!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Paul. I stand corrected. The plug-ins did install! I did not realize this until I clicked the pull down arrow (menu) in the FFox search box and there they were. Verifying, I removed them and reinstalled. When I click on each labeled WindowsSecrets add-in in the search box searching for some computer something I am taken to the WindowSecrets sign-in page. But hey - better than it was!! Quoting, as he rests in peace, George Peppard - "I love it when a plan comes together"... sort of.