Thanks

Opening multiple docs

Every time I open a document in Word 2000, each document is opened in a new screen. I can still go to Window and change documents in any single screen, but I'd rather not have each document opened separately on the taskbar. Is there an option to change this? Thanks.
    JimmyW
    Helena, MT

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Opening multiple docs

No, that is the way Word 2000 works. I think I heard about some macro that might help you, but I do NOT know anything more about it.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Jimmy,

The short answer is no.

Microsoft in all their wisdom changed the old "MDI" (Multi-Document Interface) from W97 and previous versions to an SDI (Single Document Interface).

They gave the option in Excel to change it back to an MDI, but didn't give the option in Word.

There is a way apparently to change it via VBA- but it's all rather complex, so I haven't gone along that path.

Or you can wait until the next version of Office- I suspect the sentiment has been so strong against SDI that they may well give the option back.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Dave,

This article, Fighting Desktop Pollution addresses what you're talking about.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.